The Seven Steps To A Spiritual Rebirth
Posted: Jun 16, 08:16 AM |
The Seven Steps To A Spiritual Rebirth
The WORD of GOD established through the Holy Scriptures that there is no salvation in any other except in Jesus Christ our Lord and Savior. The Christian's ultimate hope is the kingdom of God.
Jesus said: "...Verily, verily, I say unto thee, Except a man be born again, he cannot see the kingdom of God." - John 3:3
The born-again syndrome has so much caught up with our time that it has become fashionable to be born again. While some have had the genuine experience of being born again and can truly testify off it, others claim to be whereas, in the real sense of the word they are not. This is because they are totally ignorant of what it takes to have the experience. It is not wise for a person to be a professor of what he does not possess. Hence every Gospel minister must not only have this spiritually transforming experience, but also be able to clearly and understandably teach others how they also can be born again.
WHAT IT DOES NOT MEAN TO BE BORN AGAIN
It is important to first establish what it does not mean to be born again:
- Belonging to a particular Church whether Orthodox or Pentecostal, does not get a person born again (John 4:21- 24, 2 Corinthians 3:4,5,11)
- Confirmation or Baptism does not get you born again whether by sprinkling or immersion. (Matthew 3:13-15, Titus 3:5) "Therefore by the deeds of the law there shall no flesh be justified in his sight: for by the law is the knowledge of sin" - Romans 3:20.
- Having the ability to fast and pray does not mean you are born again. (Luke 18:10-14, Acts 10:1-6)
- Giving alms and offerings or even paying of tithes does not get you born again. The Bible says: "Knowing that a man is not justified by the works of the law, but by the faith of Jesus Christ, even we have believed in Jesus Christ, that we might be justified by the faith of Christ, and not by the works of the law: for by the works of the law shall no flesh be justified." - Galatians 2:16 (Acts 10:1-6).
- Being zealous in doing religious work does not mean you are born again. (Romans 10:l-4, Galatians 1:13-16)
- Praying with incense and candles does not mean you are born again. Not even the reciting of Psalms (Matthew 7:22-23)
- Being a bible student or theologian does not mean you are born again. (2 Corinthians 3: 5-6)
- Being a pastor or church elder does not mean you are born again. I know this will shock you. (John. 3: 1-10, Micah 4:12).
- Wearing a cross or hanging it in your car or home does not get you born again. Neither does the placement of your bible under your pillow or in your mattress get you born again. (1 Peter 1:18-19)
- Befriending or helping Christians in the times of need does not get you are born again. (Acts 10:l-10)
- Falling in love with the way a pastor preaches or teaches does not mean you are born again. (Luke 11: 27-28). The Bible say: "And it came to pass, as he spake these things, a certain woman of the company lifted up her voice, and said unto him, Blessed is the womb that bare thee, and the paps which thou hast sucked. But he said, Yea rather, blessed are they that hear the word of God, and keep it." - Luke 11: 27-28
- Abstaining from some kinds of food or a particular way of dressing does not get you born again (Colossians 2:20-22).
We have taken time to give a long and instructive list of what it does not mean to be born again so that you may not have any false assurance of being born again and base your salvation on a shaky foundation.
Being born again is a spiritual rebirth or renewal which a person can get only through faith in Jesus Christ our Lord. This spiritual rebirth is absolutely essential to anyone who desires to live according to God's purpose for man's existent and at the end he will inherit the kingdom of God.
The Bible says: "Marvel not that I said unto thee, Ye must be born again" - John 3:7
There are seven steps in the process that leads to this spiritual rebirth. They are:
- SANCTIFICATION (inner cleansing)
All these seven steps together result in the salvation of man.
FAITH IN THE WORD OF GOD:
It is only the word of God (the Holy Bible) that truly reveals the lost spiritual condition of man's life in this world. (2 Timothy 3:16-17, 2 Peter 1:21, Jeremiah 36:1-2, Hebrews 11:6, Romans 10:11-17).
- Carefully consider what God said about the life of man in this world as you read (Psalm 53:1-3, Ecclesiastes 7:20). The Bible says: "For all have sinned and come short of the glory of God" -Romans 3:23 (Psalm 53:1-3, Ecclesiastes 7:20)
- God is angry with the sinfulness of man and will surely punish sinners forever. (Psalm 7:11) It is written "the wicked shall be turned into hell and all the nations that forget God"- Psalm 9.17 (Psalm 37:38: Revelation 21: 8).
- But the scripture tells us that though man should suffer forever for sins committed, God still shows his mercy by making a way for man's salvation. Read Ezekiel 33:11 God has no pleasure in the destruction of a sinner. "For God so loved the world that he gave his only begotten Son that whosoever believeth in him should not perish but have everlasting life" -John 3:16 (1 John 2:11-12, Isaiah 48:9).
- God only requires us to forsake our sinful ways willingly. (Ezekiel18:31-32, Isaiah 55:6). The first phase of being born again is for a person to whole-heartedly believe what God has said about his sinfulness in his word and by faith accept the offer of his Son as Lord and Savior.
"But the scripture hath concluded all under sin, that the promise by faith of Jesus Christ might be given to them that believe."- Galatians 3:22
"If we say we have no sin, we deceive ourselves and the truth is not in us"- 1 John.l:8.
Through the operation of the Holy Spirit, the word of God proves us guilty of sin. (John 16:7-8, Genesis 6:3) Do not resist the Spirit of God .You need to accept that you are guilty of sin.
"He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy." -Proverbs 28:13 (James 2:10)
REPENTANCE FROM SIN:
When you realized your sin against both God and men, you need to be sorry for them. This is a godly sorrow that takes place in the heart for sins committed. (Matthew 3:2, Luke 13:1-5 Acts 2:37-40, 3:19). You need to be penitent and decide to forsake your sins totally.
As the word of God convicts you of your sins, do not deny. Admit your sins either silently in your heart before God or openly before man if need be. (Leviticus 26:38-46, Ezra 10:10-11, John 3:12-13, Proverbs 28:13).
And this is what the Bible says: "If we confess our sins, he is faithful and just to forgive us our sins, and to cleanse us from all unrighteousness" - 1 John 1:9
When we sincerely confess our sins from the depth of our heart... God will surely forgive and remember them no more. (Isaiah 1:16-19, Isaiah 55:7, Hebrews 8:12, Acts 5:30-31, 13:38-39, Ephesians 1:7, Psalm 103.3, Micah 7:18); Beloved, there a no sin God will not forgive if sincerely confessed.
SANCTIFICATION: (Inner cleansing)
At the time we acknowledge and confess our sins, God forgives and brings a change in our mind through the purifying work of the Holy Spirit. (Mark 7:21-23, Ezekiel 36:25-27, Hebrews 9:14, Titus 3:5, Ephesians 4:21-24, Galatians 6:15). We are made pure at heart. This is the point where a believer receives a new Christ-like' nature which hates sin and loves righteousness in obeying God. (2 Corinthians 5:17).
As we are transformed within and cleansed from all unrighteousness; we stand before God justified. That means we are now received by God as if we had not sinned and we can boldly approach him as our father. This is the point where person becomes SAVED or BORNAGAIN.
Think carefully, are you truly born again? At this point also there is no more condemnation for those in Christ. Beloved it so easy, God HIMSELF makes it easy for you so that you will not have any reason not to be born again.
Remember the Bible says: "He that covereth his sins shall not prosper: but whoso confesseth and forsaketh them shall have mercy." -Proverbs 28:13
Watch the video here: http://www.blissandfire.com/onlinetv
We love You! God bless.
Pastor Wales Goriola
Bliss & Fire Network Team
Bliss & Fire Network Team ©2010
Commitment to Jesus Christ form |